Sacrifice is a part of life, in fact, a very important part of our life. If you are reading this now I assume you may have sacrificed many things in the past. Or maybe you are willing to sacrifice something in a process you are about to adopt now. Let me tell you, sacrifice never makes you lose something. Sacrifice with good belief always brings something greater then you have thought of.
Here are my favourite sacrifice quotes that may make you think about sacrifices in your life or make you do sacrifices for your dear ones. Or it may help you to build your future in a better way.
1. “You should never sacrifice three things: your family, your heart, or your dignity.” – Unknown
Though I was talking about the greatness of sacrifice, you must have to remember, some things cannot be sacrificed. That’s why I put this quote in the very first to make your thoughts clear.
Your family comes first; never give up on your family no matter what the situation is. Listen to your heart and carry your dignity. Sacrifice everything for these three but never sacrifice them.
2. “I was determined to play my horn against all odds, and I had to sacrifice a whole lot of pleasure to do so.”– Louis Armstrong
Success and all the pleasures in life do not come by hand to hand. You must sacrifice one to gain another. If you are determined to be successful, you need to sacrifice the comfort first.
3. “No mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology.” – Ronald Reagan
If you are a mother, you got this right? The love of a mother and her child is the most unconditional thing in this world. A mother can sacrifice everything but not her child. And she is always willing to do so.
4. “Never sacrifice who you are just because someone else has a problem with it.” –Unknown
This sacrifice quote tells you to be relaxed always. Just be yourself and relax. You do not need to impress everyone. Be with the surrounding who accepts you who you are.
5. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
If you want to be successful in your life there is no substitute for hard work. And hard work always requires sacrifice. But you need to love what you are doing in order to sacrifice the pleasures. That follows our next quote.
Remember, “No matter what the job is. Life is going to give you lemons. Instead of being sour, make lemonade out of it”. – The Meaning of Success, Cloudywits
6. “The sacrifice which causes sorrow to the doer of the sacrifice is no sacrifice. Real sacrifice lightens the mind of the doer and gives him a sense of peace and joy. The Buddha gave up the pleasures of life because they had become painful to him.”– Mahatma Gandhi
You need to note down this important life lessons of Gandhi. Sacrifice should end up in peace and happiness. The sacrifice which ultimately brings sorrow should not be the sacrifice you should do.
7. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.”– Mitch Albom
As I’d said in the first place, sacrifice doesn’t mean losing. The thing you are sacrificing that maybe end up building something else for you as well as others.
However, this quote is taken from the book “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” byMitch Albom. This book is about the inner thought of sacrifice with a wonderful story illustration.
8. “It’s not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What’s hard, she said, is figuring out what you’re willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.”– Shauna Niequist
Life is all about balance. To gain something important, you have to sacrifice something else. This sacrifice quote should be something that you need to remember always. But it’s up to you what is important to you and what you are willing to give up for that. It’s a crucial part. You need to take some time to think about what is important to you and then make the decisions.
9. “Love without sacrifice is like theft” – The Bed of Procrustes – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Isn’t it really? Just think, if you love someone, you always have to sacrifice for her/him to be well together. Love demands sacrifice. Otherwise, there is no feeling of achievement.
|What is Sacrifice? When is Sacrifice Needed? Read Which 3 Sacrifice Quotes Has Made Me Rethink About Life Again?|
10. “Some day you will find out that there is far more happiness in another’s happiness than in your own.”
And lastly, this sacrifice quotes makes you realized that the true form of happiness relies on to make others happy. Have you ever sacrifices something to make someone happy? If no, do it someday. You will surely experience what actual happiness is. Sometimes we have to step down to help somebody up.
However, if you have any other favorite sacrifice quotes that inspire you a lot, you can mention that by commenting below. Don’t forget to share your thoughts as well.